Social Security Disability
|Our practice areas include:
DIVORCE AND FAMILY LAW:
Before you file for divorce, you should here are important tips:
(1) Talk to an attorney early into the process. Don't make assumptions that could cost you
(2) Know you spouse's income and other assets. Courts can't make a decision based on
what you know about your spouse, only what you can prove about your spouse.
(3) Secure any personal property that you want from the marital home before you leave.
You may never get it later.
(4) Try to think beyond the divorce process. There is life after divorce, and you have to live it
long after the process is over.
(5) Determine if the cost of fighting is worth the fight. Life will be different after divorce, no
matter what the settlement.
If you are already going through a Divorce, Custody or Mediation, talk to an attorney before
making any final decisions. Even if it is only a consultation, it is a lot cheaper than living with a
bad financial decision for the rest of your life. The Court process can be time consuming and
difficult to understand. There are a lot of rules regarding what you can present in court or when
you can present evidence in court. Making the wrong decisions can cost you for a long time.
While there are never any absolutes in divorce court, a divorce lawyer can help you navigate
through the system to get the best possible results for you and your family.
Our attorney will:
There are multiple grounds for divorce and many factors courts take into consideration when
deciding custody, alimony and property division. We will help you 1) calculate your child support,
2) determine a property settlement, or 3) determine alimony eligibility. Let us answer your
questions so that you can make the best possible decisions for you and your family. We have
helped hundreds of family law clients through the legal system.
While divorce doesn't happen more than once for most people, the effects can last a lifetime.
During that time, you are concerned about paying your bills, taking care of your children, how to
divide your assets and debts, and how you will manage after the divorce.
SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY and WORKERS' COMPENSATION:
Call us if you:
Have you been denied Social Security Disability or Workers' Compensation? There are
deadlines and limitations for filing claims, so call today to speak to an experienced attorney to
help you win the benefits you deserve. There is no cost to you for the consultation, and we only
get paid if we win your case.
Contact us today to discuss your Family Law , Social Security Disability,
Workers Compensation or Personal Injury case. Call today at 803-929-
|M. Rita Metts, Esquire
Metts Law Firm, LLC